Monday, September 22, 2014

So I got around to installing the suspension lift this weekend. Without further ado, here's some pics.

 photo IMG_0757_zpsf2285b6a.jpg
My little helper

 photo IMG_0759_zps755c9ee5.jpg
This bolt caused much problems. Couldn't get it out. Tried heat and everything. I had to leave due to fire fighter obligations and my friend cut it out while I was away. However, in the process he nicked the boot! Had I known that tons of grease would gush out of it on the way home I would have tried harder to patch it at his house. Needless to say, it's now wrapped in duct tape.

 photo IMG_0761_zpsb9dac13c.jpg
Other side went a lot smoother.

 photo IMG_0763_zpsc1a55041.jpg

 photo IMG_0769_zps625f5d4e.jpg
I read somewhere that the All-pro leafs rust up pretty quick so I gave them a coat of rocker guard Saturday night.

 photo IMG_0765_zpsc3525706.jpg
Old broken leaf pack

 photo IMG_0767_zps8699cd11.jpg
New vs. Old

 photo IMG_0773_zps7be1e1d4.jpg

 photo IMG_0786_zps05048543.jpg
All done for this weekend. Still need to do the bvp relocate bracket, braided brake line, and now a new CV boot!

Big thanks to my little helper, Pat, and The Gear Shop.

Notes:
-Pre-install measurements were 37" in the front and 36.5" in the rear from floor to fender. Post-install measurements were 37" in the front (had a 2" leveling lift before) and 39" in the back. The truck has quite a bit of rake.
-The ride is VERY smooth . It doesn't feel like the same truck!
-Had to cut out one of the front spring eye bolts. Had purchased some knowing that it might come to this.
-Broke one of the grease nipples on the OME greasable shackles tightening it in. OD'OH!
-Found that the bottom bolt on the sway bar links was easier to remove than the top bolt

No comments:

Post a Comment